Thursday, June 5, 2014

Sharon Buck & Dixon Road Record Album

Has it really happened? Is my dream of almost 20 years really coming true?
 
You bet it is!
The last few years of my life I have been writing songs. Not knowing if they were good enough. Not knowing if they even made sense. Wondering at all if anyone would want to give them a listen. After recording 'Good Ol' Country Boys' a few years ago and the response from the fans, I was inspired to do more. Now, with the encouragement from my wonderful husband-to-be, my songs are being given life.
 
Dixon Road is more than just a country band that does cover songs. The men of Dixon Road, Ed Nevins, Eddie Boudreau, Bruce Burpee and Craig Stutzman, have become my best friends that see potential in me, our band, the songs and where our band can go. They tell me when something doesn't sound right, they tell me when it's rockin' and they tell me they are happy.
 
Last night in the studio with Brad Truman of B & R Studios, we laid down the vocal tracks, including background vocals, for 2 out of 5 songs. So, it's not done YET...I have to go back next Thursday and finish laying down the vocals for the other 3. Things are coming together and we are hoping to have it ready for our concert with B98.5's Waterfront Wednesday on June 25th.
 
Here are some of the pics from last night.
 
Thank you all so much for believing in us.
 
You've been anxiously waiting for the album and it is becoming a reality. All thanks to you because, without you, we wouldn't be anywhere! You, who come out to all our shows, buy our tshirts and bumper stickers, tell new places about us and get us booked without our even knowing.... YOU are the amazing part of us.
 
This is for you an anyone who has ever wanted a dream to come true.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment