Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Our Wedding and Thompson Square....Part 1

A year of planning is finished and Saturday Chad and I became husband and wife when we took our vows at the Belgrade Community Center for All Seasons in front of our family and friends.

And we have truly been blessed.

I have never felt such an outpouring of love come our way. In the early days people were calling us 'Blake and Miranda' because of our love of music and how it brought us together. It kind of helped we were singing their songs, too.

Now, Thompson Square is a huge part of our lives. The country duo is married and each gets to make music every day with the one they love. Their song 'Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not' holds a special place in our hearts. We are both HUGE fans of David Lee Murphy and he co-wrote the song. It came out in February of 2011 and our relationship didn't start until December of 2011.

You see, I had traveled to Chad's workplace (a 45 minute drive) to have lunch with him a few days a week. We would either sit in my car or in his and talk for the hour while we ate. BOTH of us were wondering when THE kiss was going to happen. Well, I finally couldn't help myself and I kissed him.
 
"It was the best dang kiss that I ever had
Except for that long one after that"

Ever since then that song has reminded us of that day. And we've never looked back.

I was happy with the way our life was. Chad had made the permanent move to Clinton. I wasn't pushing for a ring. But he sent me a text on February 27, 2012, while he was at work that asked me "What are you doing 6/14/14?' I answered "I probably have a gig." He said "It's a good day to get married." He told me it wouldn't be official until there was a ring on my finger. So for a long time we kept it a secret.

"And I knew if I wanted this thing to last
Sooner or later I'd have to ask for your hand"

May 11, 2013, at the Clubhouse Tavern at the Maple Lane Golf Course, we sang our song together and he proposed. What a surprise. He told me we were singing it for his mom on Mother's Day which was the next day. But he had me totally in the dark about the entire thing. Video was taken, pictures were snapped and suddenly, I was engaged to Chad Hood.
 
"So I took a chance
Bought a wedding band and I got down on one knee
And you smiled and said to me
"Are you gonna kiss me or not?

Are we gonna do this or what?
I think you know I love you a lot
I think we've got a real good shot
Are you gonna kiss me or not?"
 
So, we planned it all out for the middle of June
From the wedding cake to the honeymoon"

And we did. Chad made all the decisions. I'm a Libra so I am not good at deciding on anything. He really is my other half. He picked out the colors, cake, flowers, cake topper, dress, suits, invitations and now the honeymoon: Nashville, Tennessee.

He is NOT a planner. He is more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. I'M a planner. So we did a little of both. We had the IDEAS of what we wanted to do, and we headed out!

We hit Hunter Mountain, New York, for the Taste of Country Music Festival. We got our wristbands and met up for the meet & greet. We were so nervous. It was crazy. We have met people before but it's life we knew them. Chad even downloaded their albums for us to listen to on the way down. 

We were waiting and we saw them upstairs and doing an interview. When it came time to meet them, we brought with us our wedding invitation for them to see. We shook hands with each of them. We told them we just got married yesterday and they congratulated us. And then Shawna said something that blew us away...."Ya'll were the ones that sent us the video!"

She remembered us!!

We couldn't believe it. They signed our invitation and we said thank you. Then we took the picture! 

We were given VIP seats, too! Shawna saw us in the crowd and waved to us. And their last song was our song. 

What an incredible day! What a fabulous weekend. Can't wait for our next adventure!!!

1 comment:

  1. All captured right there.... Love it! I love you two!
    Congratulations Mr./Mrs. Chad Hood!!!

    1, 2, 3 --- And the biggest fireworks finale one has ever seen...

    ReplyDelete