Tuesday, October 29, 2019

An Easy, Tasty Family Meal

Take it from this married mom of three: Anything that can make your life a little easier is worth trying.
 
There are plenty of websites that show you simple crockpot meals or one bake dishes that can feed the family but not all of them come out as good as the pictures. I am one of those people that follow everything to a T. If you say to put it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees… I put it in for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. If you want eggs boiled for 20 minutes…I’m going to do it because that’s what the directions say. I’m not very good at adjusting when things don’t work out right.
 
I have checked my oven with thermometers and everything is the way it should be. So when I see a recipe that looks delicious I, of course, would love to try it. But do I dare?
 
I did with this recipe.
 
My kids are very hesitant to eat anything new. My youngest son said he didn’t like pork chops. In my house, they eat what’s put on the table. It’s the way I was raised and how I am raising them, too. You’d be surprised on how many things they have come to like. All they needed to do was give it a chance.
 
This recipe I found on a page called The Salty Marshmallow. The pictures looked delicious and I, personally, love pork chops. The recipe is below. You can also CLICK HERE for the recipe on the website. The recipe goes as follows:
  • 1 pound pork chops, bone in and out
  • 1 envelope of ranch dressing mix
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon pepper
  • 1 envelope brown gravy mix
  • 1 10 ½ ounce can of cream of chicken soup
  • 1 ½ cups beef broth
  • 2 Tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 Tbsp water
  •  
Instructions:
  1. Season both sides of the pork chops with ranch dressing mix, garlic powder and pepper

  2. In a large slow cooker, whisk together the brown gravy mix, cream of chicken soup and beef broth

  3. Add the seasoned pork chops to the slow cooker

  4. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours

  5. Remove the pork chops carefully from the slow cooker onto a plate

  6. In a small bowl, stir together the cornstarch and water. Whisk the cornstarch mixture into the crockpot to thicken the gravy

  7. Serve over mashed potatoes or rice and garnish with parsley if desired

This is a recipe that comes out exactly like it is supposed to. Juicy, delicious and liked by all in our household. It’s nice to hear "Are you making pork chops tonight?" and when you answer yes…they smile.
 
 


 



 







No comments:

Post a Comment