Saturday, January 7, 2017

Paid To Shop At Walmart

You have to admit it: Walmart DOES have good deals and families with little money to spend are more apt to shop at one of its many locations that seem to be within a short distance from their home. While filling my cart in central Maine a year ago, I proceeded to the checkout and started making conversation with the cashier. She noticed I was buying a national brand cat food and she asked me 

“Did you know they have this brand cheaper at another store?”

That’s right. The employee had told me that I basically should have been shopping at the store down the street to get a lower price and save myself money. Sort of.

She went on to tell me that she had been saving money with the Walmart Savings Catcher App for about six months and had already saved $30. She said I should consider downloading the app to my phone and start saving that day. The app compares the prices on the items I purchased to the same ones in the different stores in my local area to see if they are being offered for a lower price. When they find a lower price, they notify you and give you the amount on a reloadable gift card on the app that you can access on your phone.

No traveling necessary. And, it’s FREE!

It sounded too good to be true but I told her I would look into it. After putting away the groceries and, with the kids help, this mom was able to download the app onto my phone. They also showed me how to scan the receipt, too.

Here’s what you do:

Go to Playstore on your device.

Search Walmart and you’ll see its pretty blue and yellow symbol.

Install it on your smartphone.

Scan your Walmart receipt.

It’s THAT easy!

Three days after doing this I received a notification on my phone saying a lower price had been caught.

The first shopping trip I saved $3.17.

Now, each time I shop at Walmart I scan the receipt into my phone and in a few days it lets me know if they have found a lower price. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t.
To date I have saved over $120!

When you are checking out, you can bring up the app on your phone and use your savings to pay for your groceries. There were a few weeks where money had become extremely tight. When I needed bread and milk and just couldn’t count enough change from the car console, I was lucky enough to have that money sitting in the account to pay.

You can also use the money on the gift card to buy things from their website. I used some of mine this year to buy a few Christmas presents on Black Friday. The deals were so good but I didn’t want to have to wait in line at 10:30pm Thanksgiving night in order to save money. Because I had the app, I didn’t have to get up early or set foot in the store on that crazy day.

If you don't have a smartphone, you can go to their website and make an account there as well!

It’s simple and easy to use. My son likes to scan the receipts into my phone as we are leaving the parking lot. It makes him feel like he is helping. When you get the notification on your phone that you saved money, it’s a good feeling.

For a busy mom like myself, it is a time and money saver and it can be for you, too! Take the first step now and download it to your phone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment